Apollo’s Temple

Apollo’s Temple

Adresa

Apollonův chrám
691 44 Lednice

Kontakt

telefon: +420 732 448 353

In 1817–1819 Johann Karl Engel built a pavilion with an observation terrace and superstructure on the hill above the Mlýnský rybník pond according to the design of architect Josef Kornhäusel. The sculptural decoration, which was transferred here from the closed-down Temple of the Muses, comes from Joseph Klieber and thematically relates to ancient God Apollo. The temple gave its name also to a nearby camp by the pond.

Newly opened was the terrace of the Apollo’s temple, which offers a beautiful view of the surroundings.

Opening hours

July, August: Tue–Sun 10:00–16:30
June, September: Sa, So 10:00–16:30
In the case of rainy weather terrace is closed.

Entrance fee

full: 20 CZK

Fotogalerie