The Church of St. Wenceslas

The Church of St. Wenceslas

Adresa

Kostel sv. Václava
Kostelní nám. 3
692 01 Mikulov

Kontakt

telefon: +420 737 382 622

The Church with a four-storey Renaissance tower belongs to the landmarks of Mikulov. The originally Gothic building was added a Renaissance tower with a gallery after a terrible fire of the inner city in 1584. Under Cardinal Dietrichstein, the fields between the vault ribs were decorated with rich stucco. The Cardinal had a collegiate chapter established at the Church and he had the residence of its head – provost – built in the neighbourhood. Below the tower, an exhibition is open on the development of the town and an ossuary in the Lobkowitz crypt.

Fotogalerie